Thursday, January 1, 2009

Yummy!


So, in my quest to get rich in 2009 I have been pigging out on black eye peas and collard greens today. No, really I have just been eating them because I like them, and my mom says that we have to eat them today. And, quite frankly anytime that I can get out of cooking we will eat what is being served.

Anyway, today while I was eating it got me thinking about old superstitions and things that we do. For instance we always eat black eye peas and collard greens on New Years day so that we will have good fortune throughout the year. We also never do laundry because we may wash someone into or out of the family. (This one wouldn't be so bad if you could pick who to get rid of.) Those are just a few of ours. What does your family do?

I drug BigDaddy to Barnes & Nobel today and bought the last two books of the Twilight series. I have passed my cousin on reading and didn't want to wait for her to finish with the book. If you haven't read this series you really should. Trust me it isn't how you think it is going to be.

No comments: